Training: IMINS2 – Managing Industrial Networks for Manufacturing with Cisco Technologies
Date: June 26th, 2017 - June 30th, 2017
Location: Rockwell Automation Anaheim | 2125 E Katella Ave # 250, Anaheim, CA 92806
Gain the skills you need to successfully implement and troubleshoot the most common industry standard protocols. Our lab-intensive course, Managing Indus- trial Networks for Manufacturing with Cisco® Technologies (IMINS2), builds on the Managing Industrial Networks with Cisco Networking Technologies (IMINS) course. It teaches students how to deploy best practices used in security and wireless technologies for today’s industrial networks.
The IMINS2 course caters to plant administrators, control system engineers, and traditional network engineers in the oil and gas, process control, and man- ufacturing industries who are involved with the convergence of IT and industrial networks. It prepares students for the exam, Managing Industrial Networks for Manufacturing with Cisco Technologies Certification (200-601 IMINS2) and the Cisco Certified Network Associate Industrial (CCNA Industrial) certification.
This course is job and role-specific, enabling students to achieve competency and skills to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot industry standard network pro- tocols as well as wireless and security technologies. Learn how to make full use of current infrastructures while developing a converged platform for exibility to support future business outcomes. IMINS2 exposes students to multiple indus- trial network technologies in addition to products from Cisco and other industrial suppliers, including Rockwell Automation.
After you complete this course, you should be able to:
• Recognize the difference between enterprise and industrial networks
• Understand the functions of the OSI layers and TCP/IP model
• Troubleshoot common issues found in Layers 1, 2, and 3 of the OSI model • Describe the functions and components of Ethernet and IP protocols
• Configure CIP on Cisco and Stratix managed switches
• Troubleshoot common Ethernet and IP issues
• Describe the functions and components of the PROFINET protocol
• Con gure PROFINET protocols on Cisco Industrial Ethernet devices
• Troubleshoot common PROFINET issues
• Identify common network threats and resolutions
• Configure basic security components (access lists and AAA features)
• Configure a wireless network within an industrial environment